Marker Case Mock-Up

I tend to have trouble finishing things. This probably doesn’t come as a surprise, given some of my past blog topics. (Like last year’s NaNoWriMo goal, or my return to blogging that lasted for 3 posts. So at least I’ve beaten that, this time.) Lately, getting things done has been harder than ever, it seems. But on Saturday, I decided it would be cool to make a case for my Tombows (the plastic shipping bag I was keeping them in was starting to get annoying), and on Sunday, I actually finished the mock-up.

Granted, it wasn’t the way I’d imagined it would be, starting out. But there are a lot of things I like about the final product. Honestly, there’s every chance that I’ll use this thing until it breaks, mock-up or not, because if it works, it works.

All things considered, then: I’m calling this project a win. If you’d like to make one of your own, here’s what I used:

  • Fabric and buttons: Joann’s. (Fabric Quarters–lots of nice patterns there, and there was a sale. Might still be, depending on when you’re reading this.) And of course you’ll also need thread and a needle and stuff. And a tiny piece of ribbon, if you want to make it the same way I did.
  • Instructions: I more or less followed this video, with some small alterations.

It’s actually pretty easy. And I say this as someone who doesn’t usually sew. The hardest part was getting the corners of the bag. And those are really kind of optional, for my version.